Beginner Photography for the Everyday Storyteller
Learn to Document your Everyday Story Through Photography
Have you ever looked at the LCD screen on the back of your new, expensive camera and thought "I wish I knew how to use this thing better?" You’re not alone, that’s what I say to my oven all the time. Regardless, keep reading!
Imagine creating images of your life journey that take you back to your favorite moments (or even your not-so-favorite but memory-worthy nonetheless, we don’t discriminate). Talk about some awesome time travel power. I want to teach you how to create these photos that show your real, honest life, and that you are proud to show off.
What You Will Learn:
- Easy to implement topics such as light, composition, photo opportunities, and discovering what you want to capture
- Basic gear
- Manual mode and why to use it, plus a brief explanation of the exposure triangle (Shutter, Aperture, ISO)
- Fun! We'll laugh, learn, and you'll gain a better understanding of how to photograph your everyday
What This Class Doesn't Cover:
- Business or how to start a photography business of your own
- Post-processing techniques
- Posing or prop/backdrop set-ups. I shoot with a candid, documentary style and that is what I will teach you
What You Will Take With You:
- New knowledge that you can implement immediately to take better photos of your story
- An invitation to my private Facebook group for workshop attendees to get support, ask questions, and to post photos showing off what you have learned!
What to Have With You During the Course:
- Your camera
- While a DSLR is not required, a camera with manual settings is recommended
- Your camera manual
- A notebook and pen
- A positive attitude and readiness to learn and have fun!
Most days you can find me with my hair up in a ballet bun and cold brew coffee in my hand, as #basic as that may be. I am known for my love of babies and dogs. People often refer to me as the extroverted introvert. I love my close crew of humans and would do anything for them. I love serving the world by displaying everyday beauty for all to see in unique ways. I’m passionate about a lot of things, including photography, clean products, and minimalist-inspired living.
When I’m not busy with my current passions, I love to play with our crazy (emphasis on the crazy) dog Dexter, organize, write lists (and check things off of them), and craft. We love to travel back to Duluth, Minnesota where my husband Jake and I went to college. I daydream about travelling the world and meeting a giraffe in the wild.